Implant Supported Dentures
Losing your teeth can be traumatic. Living with mouth sores, limited diet, and inability to communicate causes ongoing distress. Implant supported dentures from Tarzana dentist, Dr. Anoosheh Shahkarami, help you regain quality of life and enjoy smiling again.With the extensive talent at SoCalSmiles Dental office, including the bone grafting expertise of an on-staff periodontist, most people are candidates for dental implants. Call our Tarzana office at (818) 210-3885 to learn more about the life-changing benefits of implant supported dentures.
Understanding implantsA dental implant replaces the root of a natural tooth. This small cylinder of biocompatible material is placed into the jawbone during a precisely-planned oral surgery. Over several months, bone fuses solidly with the implant, forming a solid foundation for a prosthetic.
Improving the denture-wearing experienceAn entire arch of teeth can be stabilized with as few as four dental implants. The denture is fitted with special attachment points that snap over implant abutments. Dr. Shahkarami takes extra care in designing dentures with terrific fit and natural appearance. In some cases, she can retrofit an existing denture to work with implants. In either case, you smile, speak, sing, laugh, eat, and kiss with confidence. Then remove the denture for easy cleaning, to keep your mouth fresh and healthy.
Advantages of implant supported dentures
- Stable – A properly-fitted implant retained denture won’t wobble, slip, or rub sore spots.
- Permanent – Dr. Shahkarami’s dental implants have a high success rate. With good oral hygiene, they can last a lifetime.
- Comfort – Implant supported dentures are lighter and more comfortable. An upper denture does not cover the palate, so you sense temperature and taste normally.
- Digestive health – The stability of implant retained dentures allows a more normal diet, with fresh produce, lean proteins, and whole grains.
- Bone preservation – Each time you bite down, the root of a natural tooth promotes strong bone density. Dental implants mimic that stimulation, helping to keep jawbone healthy, and avoiding a caved-in facial appearance.