Tooth extractions are given at SoCalSmiles Dental Office to safely and effectively removed broken teeth. When teeth are past the point of repair, they must be removed to ensure they do not damage the rest of your smile or cause problems with your oral health.
Treat your smile right with tooth extractions. Listed below is some important advice to better prepare you for a tooth extraction recovery:
– Smoking hampers recovery time from an extraction, so give up smoking, or give it up for at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– It is important for your body to rest and relax after surgery, so try to avoid all forms of exercise and fitness, to give your body time to mend.
– If your dentists have given you advice for recovery, follow it exactly as advised, and if any problems or concerns arise, be sure to let them know about it.
– Set forth a plan well in advance of your tooth extraction procedure to ensure you have the best chance of success before, during, and after the treatment.
– If extreme swelling occurs, use an ice pack or medications as arranged by Drs. Shahkarami, Altman, Yen, and Stein.
– To keep yourself from choking on food, do not eat until the general anesthetic completely wears off.
Always make time in your life to visit SoCalSmiles Dental Office for a tooth extraction treatment, and to book a tooth replacement appointment for a detailed exam of your oral health. You can reach our dental office in Tarzana, California, by calling us at 818-345-5286. Let us help you get a whiter, brighter smile today!